What are some things that you can cook?
I know how to cook many things, including desserts and savory foods. I mostly cook pasta or rice, though.Read More
- Desserts = món ăn tráng miệng
- savory foods = những món ăn ngon
Do you like cooking?
To be honest, no, I don’t really enjoy cooking. I find it to be a chore and I get tired of making a meal every day.Read More
- a chore = công việc
- get tired of = cảm thấy mệt
How often do you cook?
I cook three meals a day because where I live it is simply too expensive to go out to eat and I have no one else to cook for me.Read More
- Simply = đơn giản
- no one else = không ai khác
What dish are you best at cooking?
I’m probably best at cooking vegetarian dishes because I grew up in a veggie household, but I’m not a vegetarian myself and I know how to make a decent roast chicken.Read More
- vegetarian dishes = món ăn chay
- a veggie household = nhà có truyền thống ăn chay
- grow up = lớn lên
- a decent roast chicken = gà nướng ngon
Does anyone in your family like to cook?
Yeah, my dad loves to cook. He doesn’t work on weekends and so you’ll often find him in the kitchen, experimenting with some recipes he saw online.Read More
- experiment = thí nghiệm, thử nghiệm
- recipes = công thức
Do your parents know how to cook?
Both my parents can cook pretty well. They take it turns to prepare dinner for the family.Read More
- take it turns = thay phiên, lần ượt
Do you think that it’s important to know how to cook well?
I think it’s a really important life skill that children should learn when they are young. Being able to cook allows you to live a healthy life without relying on junk food and other snacks.Read More
- life skill = kỹ năng sống
- allows = cho phép
- a healthy life = cuộc sống tốt
- junk food = thức ăn nhanh
- snacks = ăn chơi
- rely on = phụ thuộc vào
Who is the best cook you know?
I have a friend who works as a chef in a fancy restaurant. She is probably the best cook that I know because she’s professionally trained.Read More
- a fancy restaurant = 1 nhà hàng sang trọng, ngon
- a chef = bếp trưởng, đầu bếp
- be professionally trained = được đào tạo chuyên nghiệp
What cooking experience have you had?
I learned to cook when I was about ten years old. My mum taught me, and we often baked together in the kitchen after school. Nowadays I still enjoy cooking and baking.Read More
- Bake = làm bánh
Who taught you to cook?
Everyone in my family can cook and we all learned from our parents. In the school holidays, we’d get together and make big meals with everyone preparing something, so I learned that way.Read More
- make big meals = làm những buổi ăn lớn (nhiều đồ ăn)
When you were a child, did you ever help your parents to prepare a meal?
Oh yeah, we had to get involved. In my house, you had to do chores and help out in many different ways. It wasn’t a choice! But it was fun and I really remember those times fondly.Read More
- get involved = tham gia vào
- fondly = trù mến, yêu mến
How good are you at cooking?
I think I’m pretty good, but I could never be a professional chef. I can make lots of basic things and they taste alright, but I’m far from an expert.Read More
- taste alright = ăn được (ngon)
- an expert = chuyên gia