- Do you keep plants at home?
Yes, there is a garden in the back of my house. I grow some herb, brush and trees, like petunia, lavender and lemon trees. There is also a big lawn in the center of garden. I really enjoy the gardening work which can help me relieve my work stress.
- herb, brush and trees = thảo mộc, bụi cây và cây (haha)
- a big lawn = bụi cây lớn
- gardening work = công việc chăm sóc vườn cây
- relieve work stress = giải tỏa căn thẳng
- What plant did you grow when you were young?
When I was a kid, my grandfather gave me a little chrysanthemum. I planted it in a pot at home. It was really a rough plant as I did not know how to look after it, but it was booming beautifully every autumn.Read More
- chrysanthemum = cây hoa cúc
- a rough plant = 1 loài cây sinh trưởng dữ dội
- booming = phát triển, sinh trưởng mạnh
- Do you know anything about growing a plant?
Yes, I think I am a green hand now. I know how to plant the seedlings, water and feed them with fertiliser, prune them after booming if necessary. Anyway, different plant needs different care, so I need to read the instruction before planting them.Read More
- a green hand = 1 người chăm sóc cây cảnh
- seedlings = gieo hạt
- prune = tỉa
- fertiliser = phân bón
- Do Vietnamese people send plants as gifts?
Yes, different plant has different meaning in Vietnam. For example, people like to send red peony to other families, hoping they would be wealthy and lucky; while, when attending a wedding, red roses are the most welcome because they indicate romantic love.Read More
- different meaning = nhiều ý nghĩa khác nhau
- red peony = hoa mẫu đơn
- indicate = đại diện, thể hiện