- Do you like music? Why / why not?
Yes, I love to spend my leisure time listening music.
- Leisure time = free time = thời gian rảnh rỗi
- What kind of music do you listen to? Why?
Well, there is no special category that I am following most. But for sure I have a preference based on my mood. Normally I’m a huge fan of classical music with soft melodies. These are always refreshing my mind. During working alone like cooking, cleaning household stuffs I listen to rock songs with high volume which brings a lot of energy.
- category = thể loại
- a preference =
- mood = tâm trạng
- I’m a huge fan of = một fan lớn của = I love
- soft melodies = âm điệu nhẹ nhàng
- refresh my mind = làm mới tâm trí = làm đầu óc thoải mái
- household stuffs = công việc nhà
- rock songs = nhạc rock
- high volume = âm lượng lớn
- Has the music that you listen to changed since you were young?
To be honest there are no drastic changes. I noticed few mere changes, for instance, I have no more interest in English song which was never on my favorite list.
- drastic changes = những thay đổi lớn
- notice = nhận thấy
- mere = thay đổi nhỏ
- Do you think older and younger generations prefer different types of music?
Of course, I do. Logically people from different generation will have taste variation. Depending upon the maturity, music stars of their own age, the impact of globalization as well as technological development in the music industry will divide younger and older generation.
- taste variation = khác biệt về cách thưởng thức
- Depend upon = phụ thuộc vào
- maturity = sự trưởng thành
- globalization = toàn cầu hóa
- divide = phân chia
- Do you play any instruments?
No, I don’t … I’ve always wished I’d taken up a musical instrument … I’d love to be able to play the guitar … but I think I’m a bit tone deaf so perhaps I’d find it hard …
- a musical instrument = nhạc cụ
- a bit tone deaf = bị điếc âm nhạc @@
- Have you got any hobbies or interests?
I’m really into live music … I go to a lot of music festivals … I think a live performance always sounds more exciting than a recorded version … as long as the performers can sing and play well of course …
- performers = người thể hiện