Task 1: The diagram shows the production of orange juice
Task 2: Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since there is computer technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people opine (1) that we can do away with traditional libraries because technology has given us the facility of (2) virtual or online libraries. I, however, believe that even though technology has reduced our need to go to the libraries, our traditional libraries can never become redundant (3) and maintaining them is not a waste of money.
I can understand why some think it wastes money to keep libraries open. The advent of (4) new technologies like computers and Internet has transformed the shape of (5) traditional libraries containing a large number of printed documents (6) into paperless libraries containing only digitized (7) documents. This has led to the creation of (8) virtual libraries which the user has access to (9) information at any time, anywhere in the world by using the modern tools of communications (10), such as computers and Internet facilities. Therefore, it is unnecessary to spend money on traditional libraries because fewer and fewer users use them.
However, I believe that libraries still play an important role (11) these days. Firstly, a person goes to a library not only to search and get information from books but also to sit and study there. The ambiance (12) and the peaceful and scholarly atmosphere (13) of the library help one to concentrate more on one’s work and study. Secondly, Virtual libraries (14) can be accessed only by those who are computer literate (15). For elderly or impoverished (16) individuals who rarely have a chance to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies (17) like computers or smartphones, it is much challenging to access information online than going to a traditional library.
To put it in a nutshell, I pen down saying (18) that advancement (19) should be welcomed in every field but the importance of the libraries for their fundamental role (20) cannot be put aside (21), and that funding for them is not wasting financial resources (22).
[From Nam Đỗ]Read More
- opine = Phát biểu, cho rằng (synonym = my opinion is that = i believe that)
- the facility of = dụng cụ, nhà máy, phương tiện, cơ sở
- redundant = dư thừa, thừa thải
- The advent of = sự tiến bộ, buốc tiến
- the shape of = hình dáng
- printed documents = tài liệu in bằng giấy
- digitized = được kỹ thuật hóa, được số hóa
- the creation of = sự hình thành, sáng tạo
- has access to = có thể truy cập vào
- the modern tools of communications = 1 công cụ hiện đại trong giao tiếp
- play an important role = đóng 1 vai trò quan trọng
- the ambiance = không khí
- the peaceful and scholarly atmosphere = mội trường học tập yên tỉnh v2 thân thiện
- Virtual libraries = thư viện điện tử
- computer literate = được giáo dụ về máy tính
- impoverished = nghèo
- cutting-edge technologies = công nghệ hiện đại
- pen down saying = đạt bút viết là
- advancement = hiện đại
- the fundamental role = vai trò thiết yếu
- be put aside = để qua 1 bên (synonym = ignore)
- financial resources = nguồn tài chính