Task 1: Bar charts
Task 2: Research shows that business meetings, discussions and training are happening online nowadays. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
The trend that many companies hold virtual conferences (1) and provide online training for their staff has become increasingly more popular recently. I personally think that the benefits of employing such as a form of technology in the workplace vastly (2) outweigh the drawbacks.
On the one hand, I have to concede that conducting computer-based meetings and training sessions (3) many leads to some undesirable results (4) Firstly, as people have to rely on particular online platforms (5) like Skype for communication, any breakdown (6) of the internet connection can interrupt (7) or even bring the entire ongoing communication process to an abrupt end (8). This is such as frustrating experience (9) that not business expects to undergo (10), especially when it comes to high-profile meetings (11). Secondly, due to the lack of face-to-face interaction (12), participants will be like to lose their concentration if the meeting lasts for hours. As a consequence, the quality and the outcome could turn out to be (13) unexpectedly low.
However, I am more convinced of the advantages offered by distance communication (14). The first one is associated with cost-effectiveness (15), which is always of the top priority of a business. Companies have to incur several types of finances, which include training site rentals (16) and other documentation costs (17), to be able to organize a conventional conference (18). By running online training programs, organizations could significantly cut back on (19) unnecessary expenses and accordingly (20) increase its profit. The timesaving manner (21) of virtual meetings is another merit worth mentioning, which is particularly the case for transnational companies. The board of directors of Unilever, for example, do not need to spend hours on long-haul flights (22) to meet one another for business development strategies. With technological aids (23), discussions can be conveniently conducted at their office desk.
In conclusion, despite the disadvantages regarding technical errors and attendees’ (24) attention span, I am completely in favor of online business meetings and training programs since their benefits are much more considerable.
[IPP IELTS]Read More
- virtual conferences = hội nghỉ ảo
- vastly = lớn, nhiều
- computer-based meetings and training sessions = cuộc hộp và cuộc huấn luyện trên máy tính
- undesirable results = kết quả ko mong muốn
- platforms = nền tản
- breakdown = hư hỏng
- interrupt = gián đoạn
- to an abrupt end = 1 cái kết bất ngờ, đột ngột
- frustrating experience = trải nghiệm thú vị, tuyệt vời
- undergo = chịu đựng, trải qua
- high-profile meetings =
- face-to-face interaction = tương tác trực tiếp
- turn out to be = hóa ra, thành ra
- distance communication = phương pháp giao tiếp từ xa
- cost-effectiveness = hiệu quả về giá, tiết kiệm
- training site rentals = chi phí thuê khu vực huấn luyện
- documentation costs = chi phí dùng cho tài liệu
- a conventional conference = 1 cuộc hội thảo truyền thống
- accordingly = do đó, vì vậy
- The timesaving manner = cách sống tiết kiệm thời gian
- long-haul flights = những chuyến bay dài
- technological aids = sự giúp đỡ của công nghệ
- attendees = người tham dự